HLC is an evolving conversation about how leadership can improve performance by better serving human needs
Our key questions
- Can more humane leadership improve performance?
- How to lead more humanely?
- How to make humane leadership the norm?
- High Performance - humane leaders improve performance by reaching deeper and wider than simply applying measures, accountability and external motivations
- Earned Influence - humane leaders improve engagement by earning influence and aligning people’s work with their own and the organization's values rather than by climbing a role-based ladder
- Human Connection - we connect humane leaders in expansive, inclusive, and constructive collaboration around our shared definitions of purpose, cooperation, performance, and leadership
How we do it
- Experimenting with our own self-leadership methods
- Leveraging what we learn about humane leadership of ourselves into leading others more effectively
- Sharing with others who want to transform their own leadership and the larger culture of leadership
- Developing online curricula, workshops and events
Learn more about
- Improving performance and business outcomes
- Engaging more of our humanity at work
- Experimenting with fresh mental models to invigorate creativity and accountability
- Hosting conversations that improve team engagement and experience
- The role of the humanities in business
- Joining the Humane Leadership Conference community
- How can more humane employee experiences produce better business outcomes?
- How can I improve my performance by acknowledging my own humanity and transcending my limitations to reach even higher goals?
- What questions can we ask our prospective leaders before committing to be led by them?
- How can we experiment with persuasive technology and user experience design principles to create our own, positive dopamine loops?
Let's design what's next together.